Coconut curry rice
by Vaishali, CO
Basmati rice 1/2 cup
Coconut milk 2.5 cups
Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch
Finely chopped onion 1/2cup
Chopped mixed vegetables (carrot, beans, potato) 1 cup
Garlic cloves 3
Green chili 2
Cashew 10 to 12 pieces ( optional)
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Coriander seed powder 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped tomato 1
Butter as needed
Salt to taste
Grated coconut 2tbsp
1. Wash rice 3 times with water and soak for 2 hours
2. Remove water from rice and add coconut milk. Add a pinch of salt, 1 cloves, a small piece of cinnamon.
3. Sauté half the onion in butter until well cooked. Add to rice.
4. Pressure cook the rice or cook on direct flame until done.
5. Let cool.
6. Heat some water in a utensil and add the chopped vegetables and cook until they are half boiled. Strain to remove water using a strainer.
7. In a pan, heat butter and fry remaining onion, clove, cinnamon, garlic, green chili, cashew, cumin seed, coriander seed powder, grated coconut for few min
8. Churn in a blender adding little water. It should be a smooth paste
9. Heat some butter in a pan, and fry this paste for about 5 to 7 min on medium heat.
10. Add the half boiled vegetables and mix well. Fry for 3 minutes.
11. Add finely chopped tomato and sauté for a minute.
12. Pre heat oven at 450F
13. Grease a baking dish, place vegetable curry and spread it. Top with rice and spread it.
14. Cover with a foil and bake for 25 min.