Basic Organic Ezekiel Bread Making Kit
Ezekiel Bread (sometimes also called "Bible Bread") is a bread baked from a specific recipe found in the Old Testament: "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof..." -Ezekiel 4:9
Ezekiel Bread is a hearty, heavy, whole multi-grain bread. It has a unique and delicious flavor. It is excellent with butter, honey, preserves or toasted. It is much higher in protein and is a little more crumbly than most breads. The Ezekiel Bread Kit provides enough grains to make 6 hearty loves of Ezekiel Bread.
The Ezekiel Bread Kit Contains:
- 5 Lbs of Ezekiel Bread Grain Mix (Approx 13 Cups of Grain) - When ground into flour it yeilds about 22 to 23 cups of flour. This is enough flour to make 6 loaves of bread. Our Ezekiel Bread Grain Mix is certified organic, and has the perfect proportion of grains to make delicious and wholesome Ezekiel Bread. The Ezekiel Bread Grain Mix includes:
- Hard White Wheat
- Hulled Barley
- Spelt (an ancient species of grain from the wheat family)
- Hulled Millet
- Green Lentils
- Black Beans
- Red Beans
- 1.5 Lbs of Ezekiel Sprouting Grain Mix (Approx 3 Cups of Grain) - For inclusion for Ezekiel Bread with sprouted grains. To be sprouted, chopped and added to Ezekiel Bread dough before baking. Enough to add to 3 loaves of Ezekiel Bread.
- 1 Quart Sprouting Jar w/ Strainer Lid - Perfect way to sprout grains for Ezekiel Bread. Instructions for sprouting and use included on jar label and on recipe card.
- Laminated Ezekiel Bread Recipe Card - Instructions for grinding grain, sprouting, recipes, serving ideas & more. Includes recipes for:
- Ezekiel Bread for conventional oven
- Ezekiel Bread for bread machines
- Ezekiel Bread with Sprouted Grains for conventional oven
- Ezekiel Bread with Sprouted Grains for bread machine
*About Fitches: Most scholars believe that "fitches" in the verse, a variety of wheat called "spelt". As such, our grain blend includes plenty of spelt.
*Adding Sprouted Grains: Popular versions of Ezekiel Bread are made with and without sprouted grains. Ezekiel bread turns out quite different in texture and taste with or without sprouted grains included. Both are unique and delicious. The kit includes supplies and recipes to make Ezekiel Bread with and without sprouted grains.Not Included In The Kit: Recipes for Ezekiel Bread call for Olive Oil, Sweetener (Honey or Agave Nectar), Yeast, Salt & Water. You will need to provide these additional ingredients. There is no grain mill included in this kit. If you are looking for a complete kit that contains those additional ingredients (except water) please see our Deluxe Ezekiel Bread Kit.Looking for some good grain mills? We offer excellent electric grain mills and hand crank grain mills.