Mac Un Cheese
by Barbara Hunter, OH
Vegan Mac ‘un Cheese
What you will need:
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 ¼ cup earth balance whipped margarine
1 ½ cup nutritional yeast
1 tbs. paprika
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbs. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne
¼ cup braggs liquid aminos
Dollop of yellow mustard
Dollop of ketchup
4 tbs. olive oil
1 ½ cup water from veggies
2 boxes of elbow pasta (cooked according to directions)
Peel potatoes and cut into pieces put in a pot of water along with the garlic and chopped onion. Allow to cook and get soft. While this is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients (except pasta) in blender. When the veggies are cooked add the water and veggies to the blender and blend until the mixture becomes a creamy sauce. Pour mixture on cooked noodles. This is a creamy mac un cheese like the kind that comes in the box.
Coconut curry rice
by Vaishali, CO
Basmati rice 1/2 cup
Coconut milk 2.5 cups
Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch
Finely chopped onion 1/2cup
Chopped mixed vegetables (carrot, beans, potato) 1 cup
Garlic cloves 3
Green chili 2
Cashew 10 to 12 pieces ( optional)
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Coriander seed powder 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped tomato 1
Butter as needed
Salt to taste
Grated coconut 2tbsp
1. Wash rice 3 times with water and soak for 2 hours
2. Remove water from rice and add coconut milk. Add a pinch of salt, 1 cloves, a small piece of cinnamon.
3. Sauté half the onion in butter until well cooked. Add to rice.
4. Pressure cook the rice or cook on direct flame until done.
5. Let cool.
6. Heat some water in a utensil and add the chopped vegetables and cook until they are half boiled. Strain to remove water using a strainer.
7. In a pan, heat butter and fry remaining onion, clove, cinnamon, garlic, green chili, cashew, cumin seed, coriander seed powder, grated coconut for few min
8. Churn in a blender adding little water. It should be a smooth paste
9. Heat some butter in a pan, and fry this paste for about 5 to 7 min on medium heat.
10. Add the half boiled vegetables and mix well. Fry for 3 minutes.
11. Add finely chopped tomato and sauté for a minute.
12. Pre heat oven at 450F
13. Grease a baking dish, place vegetable curry and spread it. Top with rice and spread it.
14. Cover with a foil and bake for 25 min.
Kale Medley a la tangerine
by Nathalie Day-Tolentino, FL
sliced Tangerines Preferably not in the can/if so without the syrup
Rice Vinegar/or Apple cider Vinegar
Sea Salt/or Brags Amino( Preferably)
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
First you start off with the washed and chopped kale in a mix bowl. Add Fresh parsley (to your liking), sliced onions, cucumbers, sliced tangerines and raisins. Now add olive oil (three tablespoons-to your liking), One tablespoon of the apple cider/or Rice Vinegar, Pinch of lemon juice, and start mixing everything together. Making sure that your medley is receiving an adequate amount of all suggested toppings! Lastly, sprinke in the sea salt or dash of Brags Amino and a pinch of cayene pepper. Mix once more and Voila. You have your Kale Medley a la Tangerine! Usually I love to cover it and place it in the fridge for it to stay fresh and slighly cold. Enjoy!
Cabbage Apple Slaw
by Wendy Hannaford, CA
1 Savoy Cabbage thinly sliced, 2 Carrots grated fine, 2 stalks Celery sliced,1 large Apple cut into bite size pieces,1/4 C sweet Onion chopped,1/4 C Jicama sliced ,1/4 C Sprouts, 1/8 C chopped Walnuts and Raisins.Top with fresh minced Cilantro and Mint. Dressing of 1/2 C Buttermilk,2 T Sour Cream,2 T Cream Cheese,3 T Honey,1 t Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 T Dijon Mustard,1 T Greek Seasoning , dash of Salt and Pepper,mix together , pour onto Slaw, toss and serve. Serves 4 as a side