Organic Flax Seed Grinding Kit
Looking for an easy way to get your Omega-3 essential oils? Ground flax seed is one of the best ways to add healthy oils to your diet!
Ground flax seed not only provide you with Flax oil but provides you with nutritious fiber and it easier for your body to use and digest. Flax seeds can be sprinkled on salads, mixed with smoothie, used in recipes, or even eaten as a cereal. Ground flax is an easy and super healthy addition to your diet. Ground flax is also an amazing egg substitute in recipes and baking (see below).
Each Flax Seed Grinding Kit Includes:
- Electric Flax Seed Grinder - High quality, grinds up flax seed into fine powder and does it very fast. You can also grind coffee beans, sesame seeds, salts, etc. Flax grinding is done in seconds. Black and Decker brand.
- 5 Pounds of Organic Seeds - Your choice of brown flax seeds, golden flax seeds, or half and half.
- Book: Flax Oil as a True Aid Against Arthritis, Heart Infarction, Cancer ... by Dr. Johanna Budwig - Find Out Why Fats Govern All Aspects of the Human Body and What Flax Oil Will Do with Saturated and Unsaturated Fats Now translated for the first time into English, these lectures by seven-time Nobel Prize nominee and world-renowned Scientist & Biochemist have brought about a scientific revolution connecting the relationship between Cancer and Fat Metabolism. Fewer people have had a greater impact on the medical community and modern nutritional science. A must read, Dr. Budwig is considered by many to be the foremost authority on fats and healing.
- Handy flax seed storage container & dispenser
- Flax Seed Recipes & Tips
Did you know that you can use ground flax seeds as an egg substitute in many recipes?
Flax seeds are mucilaginous. That means that when they get wet, they form a thick jelly-like coating around the seed to protect it and keep it wet for germination. Ground flaxseed turns into a thick jelly like mass with the same consistency as an egg. When used in many recipes (baking mostly) ground flaxseed performs the same role as an egg in providing cohesion to the recipe, and its amazingly good for you. We bet you can't tell the difference! Try it in cakes, banana breads, pumpkin bread, pancakes, crepes and more. Flaxseed in place of eggs really opens up your options for vegan cooking and baking. You can read more about flax as an egg substitute here.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of finely ground flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of water (or other liquid) in place of an egg.
We prefer brown flax seeds becasue they are a little healthier choice, but many folks prefer golden flax, especially for use as an egg substitute becasue golden flax seeds have a buttery flavor that works perfectly in recipes and baking. You can learn more of the difference between the two types of flax seed here: Brown vs. Golden.
Additional flax information:
- Flax Oil, Another Complex Miracle of Nature
-A Comparison of The Ann Wigmore Diet and Dr. Johanna Budwig’s Diet
- Flax Nutritional Info