Shiitake Mushroom Plug Spawn
- Each plug is just less than 2" long and fits in a 5/16" diameter drilled hole
- Package includes 100 shiitake mushroom mycelium plug spawn
- Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula edodes)
- Best Woods: Sweet gum, oak, chestnut, ash, alder, eucalyptus, hickory & beech
- Best fruiting temperature between 50 and 80 degrees F
- First fruitings typically between 12 and 18 months, but as early as six months
- One of the easiest mushrooms to cultivate
- Will continue to produce for many years
- Includes step by step instruction booklet
Grow popular shiitake mushrooms on stumps and logs for fun or profit. These plug spawn are mycelium infused wooden cylinders that are inserted in to 5/16" diameter drill holes in stumps or logs and sealed over with wax. Over the next six months the shiitake mycelium inoculate the wood and shiitakes will spring forth from cracks and imperfections in the wood. Once inoculated, the log or stump will continue to produce fruitings of delicious shiitake mushrooms for several years.
Shiitakes are popular in a variety of asian dishes and grow in popularity and demand every year.