Organic Chia Sprouting Seed: Growing Chia
- See below for special chia microgreens sprouting instructions.
- Black Chia - Salvia Hispanica
- Certified Organic
- High Germination Rate
- Resealable Packaging
- Microbial Tested
- Perfect for Edible Seeds
- Gardening, Hydroponics
- Growing Salad Sprouts
- Growing Microgreens
- Survival Food Storage
- Chia Pet Refills
Chia seeds were a staple food source for the Aztecs. They are are an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber and Omega 3 fatty acid and contain no gluten.
Chia seeds can be eaten raw or sprouted. Chia sprouts are a delicious addition to salads and sandwiches. Chia can be ground into a meal to make porridge or cakes, or as an addition to breads, cakes and biscuits. Chia seeds can be used with your chia pet. The seeds make great refills for your chia pets or head.
Chia can be grown as a microgreen and eaten. They are very delicious. We make what we call a chia microgreen tortilla. Ask us about it!
Another of the super foods: Chia seed was once valued so much that it was used as currency by the Native Americans of the Southwest and Mexico . It was considered a high energy endurance food and was used as far back as the Aztec warriors during their conquests.
Chia seed is highly mucilaginous and has been used by diabetics to slow the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar. It also regulates moisture distribution to the cells of the body more efficiently. Chia seeds are are an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber and Omega 3 fatty acid and contain no gluten.
Chia seeds can be eaten raw or sprouted. Chia sprouts are a delicious addition to salads and sandwiches. Chia seeds can be ground into a meal to make porridge or cakes, or as an addition to breads, cakes and biscuits.
Sprouting Chia Microgreens Instructions
Chia seeds are mucilaginous and cannot be sprouted using conventional tray or jar sprouters.There are several different approaches to sprouting Chia, two of which are detailed below. However, we recommend you check out or sister website for a dedicated hydroponic chia microgreens growing kit, which we have found to be the absolute best way to sprout and grow chia. Here are two other methods we have tried:
- Sprinkle a thin layer of Chia Seed on the bottom of a terra cotta dish or plate (unsealed/uncoated).
- Set the terra cotta dish in a larger plate of water.
- Cover with another plate.
- Small amounts of water permeate the terra cotta plate upon which the chia seeds sit, and provide exactly the right amount of water to sprout them.
- On the second day, lightly mist the seeds.
- Harvest on the third day.
- It takes about 2 or 3 days to get healthy Chia sprouts.
An alternate method:
- Lay a nylon or linen cloth on a plate.
- Spray a fine mist of water onto the cloth.
- Sprinkle 1 layer Chia Seed on top of the bag. Mist it lightly.
- Cover with another plate, misting lightly once per day.
- You will have Chia sprouts in about 3 or more.
Overall Customer Rating of Reviews: