Organic Soft White Wheat
Soft White Wheat
Soft white wheat is a lower protein wheat with a higher moisture content. Flour from organic soft white wheat is a better choice for things like muffins, crackers, cereals, cakes, cookies and pastries. Soft White Wheat has a naturally sweet flavor, so recipes using soft white wheat flour can use a little less sugar.
Looking for Hard White Wheat? Looking for the best seed to grow wheatgrass? Check out Hard Red Wheat.
Ann Wigmore's Organic Rejuvelac
l. Soak 3 cups organic soft white wheat or organic barley 12 hours.
2. Drain, rinse, and put in sprouting bag or container of some kind. Sprout for 36 hours, rinsing twice per day.
3. Put into gallon jar and fill with clear (filtered if possible) water nearly up to the top. (Leave enough room for expansion.)
4. Put screen or paper towel over the top to keep bacteria in the air from falling in.
5. Let this set for 48 hours until it is fermented. (Little bubbles will rise from the bottom.)
It is now rejuvelac. Sometimes it is cloudy. It should taste rather tart.
6. Strain this rejuvelac to separate the grain from the liquid.
7. Store the liquid in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Drink at room temperature.
8. The remaining seed can be reused twice more to make more rejuvelac: Soak 36 hours the second time and 24 hours the third time.
Ann Wigmore's Sprouted Wheat Cereal
2 cups sprouted organic soft white wheat
4 cups spring or filtered water
1/2 cup raisins
1 large apple, peeled, cored or
1 banana peeled and sliced
Soak raisins in one cup of the spring or filtered water for one hour or until soft. Reserve the water used in soaking the raisins. In a blender, blend soft white wheat with fruit, water and raisin soak-water at medium speed for about two minutes. Use warm filtered water if a warm cereal is desired. The sprouted soft white wheat cereal should have a soupy consistency. Sprouted (hulled) buckwheat, sunflower seeds, or sesame seeds may be substituted for the soft white wheat . All seeds should be soaked at least 6 hours or overnight.